Thursday, March 1, 2012

What’s this all about? Why now?


I realize that this should have been my first post, but the NPR post was just good fun, and felt like a good way for me to jump into blogging. For anyone reading this blog who wonders what I will be writing about, the short answer is: Whatever strikes my fancy.  The longer answer is that it will be about the things that are important to me. It won’t all be funny, and it won’t all be serious. I may post some recipes, although they are likely to be of the “a pinch of this and a dash of that” variety as I don’t really measure things in my daily cooking. I may post the occasional crafty thing. I will definitely post about politics. I am a very liberal Catholic who leads a pretty conservative life. While I am always interested in new/different viewpoints, I am also only interested in respectful discourse.  It will sometimes be about culture- pop, high, and everything in between. It will occasionally be about parenting because that consumes a lot of my life right now. What I really hope it’s about is life and perspective. I work every day to lead a good life, and to try to keep things in perspective, especially when my life is going very well or not so well.

As to the, “why now?” I have been toying with the idea for years, but I could never decide why I should write, and if I did write, what I should say. When I realized that I should just write because I miss it, and then came up with an idea that made me laugh for a first post, I decided now was as good a time as any, and it still took me nearly two months to finally post something. There are a lot of other personal reasons, but this is the succinct, less self-indulgent version.

If you’ve made your way to my little corner of the blogosphere, I hope you enjoy it.  

Just for fun, I made this meme over at quickmeme yesterday.  A couple of weeks ago I went into Target and stuck to my list for literally (yes, I am using the word’s true meaning) the first time ever. No joke. I thought it deserved a small celebration.  http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/36diw6/

2 comments: